Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Today's Decision

Everyday we make hundreds of decisions; "What shall I wear today?", "Where will I go for lunch?", "What shall we watch on TV tonight?" etc. Pretty mindless for the most part. But then, there are those decisions that require much more thought, much more planning and consideration; "Should I say 'yes'?" "When should we start our family?" (by the way, did I tell you I'm going to be a grandma? A little boy, due in January) and the one we've been wrestling with, "where should we buy our next home?"

Tonight that decision was made. When our little grandson comes for his first visit to Grandma's house, he'll be coming to our new home at Mountain's Edge, a master planned community here in Las Vegas.(Note I'm trying to insert a link, and it's not happening.) We've chosen a single story home (2,100 sq. ft) in a beautiful, gated neighborhood with a huge park planned within walking distance. I see many hours of fun at the community center pools, as well as at the park!

I'm thrilled, to say the least! Am I looking forward to the hard work ahead of us, such as picking floor tiles and carpet, choosing paint schemes and color patterns? Not to mention, planning and planting the backyard. Not so much. We've done this before and it's hard work! I am however, looking forward to making this house a home. A place for our family and friends to feel welcomed and loved.

Lord,
You are so good to me and I am so undeserving. You have given me a true gift when you gave me my husband. These last several months I have witnessed a transformation. A transformation of a mindset I did not think would be or could be changed.(my mindset or his?) I limited Your power, as I often do. Forgive me. Allow me to fully appreciate the change and not take it for granted. I pray I will continually draw from the strength You give to me and lavish in the peace the comes from You. Lord, I give you all the credit, glory and honor. Amen

1 comment:

The Gilles Family said...

Wow. I never thought about it before as the place that this little guy will think of as "Grandma's House." Grandma's House is a special memory for every child, and I know he'll think you made the PERFECT decision! :) I love you!