Wednesday, January 31, 2007

You Make Me Smile


Hi Carter,
It's Grandma! I wanted to tell you how much fun it's been seeing you and talking to you everyday on the webcam. I look forward to coming home at the end of my work day and sitting down to see you. It's the highlight of my day!

Last night when I first saw you and called out your name, you smiled at me! It was the biggest, most beautiful smile I had ever seen. Now I know you can't quite control your smiles yet, but you sure made me feel like it was intentionally meant just for me! I wanted to cry from pure happiness. That and because I miss you so much.

I have made my plans for my next visit. I will be there March 1st - 4th. Now if you could count you would count only 29 days until I see you again. That's not very long! But you will change so much between now and then and that's OK because we have the webcam that allows your Grandpa and I watch you grow. We are truly blessed with the technology we have today. I don't know how your great grandparents and great-great grandparents could stand the separations from their families that they did. I'm so happy I live in such a modern world with such modern technology!

Mommy says you are being a very good boy. Your schedule remains pretty predictable and you are eating and sleeping so well. I was so surprised and happy to hear how much weight you've gained. You are now up to 9 lbs. and you have grown another l/2 inch! My goodness!!
Your mommy tells me it's starting to look like your hair is turning a little more red. Hmmm, where did you get that from?

Carter Jeffrey you have been blanketed with love and prayer for today already and that's just from me! Be a good boy for mommy and daddy today and I will "see" you tonight!


All my love,

Grandma


Father,

I have been truly blessed by You. Watching my own children grow up and now being able to watch my grandchildren is an honor. Thank you.

Alyson and Mike are doing a great job learning how to balance their lives with the enormous responsibility of structuring their family life. I pray you will surround them with people who can give them wise counsel and guidance. So many of their friends are starting their own families now as well and I see that as such a blessing. They have each other to lean on and to learn from. You are such a great God and Your timing is so perfect and it's so evident in this situation.

I ask You to please keep them all safe, healthy and happy.

Amen

No comments: