Monday, July 07, 2008

Crazy, Random Thoughts

So, there are a ton of thoughts going through my mind. So many so that I'm having a hard time organizing them. I want to post something poignant and thought provoking, but what the hey, it's no use. Here are my thoughts for today...

I attended a memorial service today for a 10 year old little boy in our church family. When a child dies you can't help but ask, why? When an adult passes, for some reason, I can wrap my mind around it. When it's a child, that's a little more difficult. I have to admit, through the stories and the eulogies people spoke today, I saw how God will use this tragedy and will continue to use Joseph's life to touch people. Joseph brought an awful lot of happiness to a lot of people. I've been on this planet 5 times longer than little Joseph and I have to wonder if I will leave as important a legacy and Joseph has.

Random thoughts continue:
Happy birthday Dr. Mike. 30 years old...you don't look a day over 29!
We love you very much and are very proud of you!

Happy Birthday Jack K. You bring a huge smile to my face each and every time I see you. I can't believe you're 2 years old! You make the time between visits with Carter bearable! I hope your day was fun!

You must read this book: The Shack by William P. Young I finished it this weekend on the trip to ABQ. I cried. We have an awesome God who "is very fond of you". To further quote a reviewer: "It offers one of the most poignant views of God and how he relates to humanity..." "It will encourage those who already know him but also engage those who have not yet recognized his work in their lives." On the back of the book it says: Mackenzie Allen Philips' youngest daughter, Missy, has been abducted during a family vacation and evidence that she may have been brutally murdered is found in an abandoned shack deep in the Oregon wilderness. Four years later in the midst of his Great Sadness, Mack receives a suspicious note, apparently from God, inviting him back to that shack for a weekend.
Against his better judgment he arrives at the shack on a wintry afternoon and walks back into his darkest nightmare. What he finds there will change Mack's world forever.
In a world where religion seems to grow increasingly irrelevant The Shack wrestles with the timeless question, "Where is God in a world so filled with unspeakable pain?" The answers Mack gets will astound you and perhaps transform you as much as it did him.
Pick up a copy today...you'll be so glad you did!

Thoughts keep coming:
It rains an awful lot in Albuquerque during monsoon season. I've seen it in movies, but I've never been caught in a literal, torrential down pour before...I can never say that again.

There are never enough hours in the day.
There are never enough weekends in a month.
There are never enough vacation days in a year.
Sigh...
This isn't complaining...this is merely an observation.

I have the cutest grandson on the planet:

We're expecting an equally cute grandchild in December...can't wait until Wednesday when we find out if we're expecting a baby boy or a baby girl!

I came home tonight to discover I'd left the refrigerator door open, all day long while I was at work. Today was an exceptionally long day too, with the memorial service and all. I heard the refrigerator door alarm going off the second I walked in the house. The temperature read 139 degrees in the fridge. Normal temp is 42 degrees....good times!...Good news; I didn't have much food in there. We've been gone so much the last several weeks I haven't done much grocery shopping lately. Must look for the silver lining!

So, even after clearing my mind of these random thoughts, I still feel my brain is one jumbled up mess.

Deep sigh...I will try again tomorrow.

Father God,
Please help me to slow down just a little. Help me to see You in everything I do and everyone I see. May I be a reflection of You to others. Help me to decipher the random thoughts that are constantly running through my head. If there is something You are trying to tell me, help me to slow down, remain quiet and hear Your voice.
Forgive me for constantly having an endless list of things to do that run through my head. Help me to trust You more and depend on me less. Your timing is perfect and I see that every day. Help me to loosen my hands from the "controller" and give it completely over to you.
I love you God.

No comments: