Wednesday, July 09, 2008

It's A Boy

Raising Boys
(Roberta I. Teague)

I scrub the wall of fingerprints,
Pick up the mounds of clothes.
I sweep the dirt that shoes track in-
Wish I could use a hose!

Meals are served from dawn to dark,
Dirty dishes crowd the sink.
Just when they're washed and put away-
Everyone wants a drink!

The washer pulls the dirty grime
From pants worn thin and patched.
They look so very neat and clean-
Yuck, look what the pockets hatched!
Broken bones and bloody knees,
I should have been a nurse.
I take it all in shaky stride-
Just grateful it's not worse!

Screams and shouts and arguments
Test the keeping of my cool.
They left the neighbor's faucet on-
See their new front yard pool!

A soothing bath is ecstasy,
A reward at the end of my rope.
Raising boys isn't really bad-
But first I must wash the soap!

A rose can say I Love You,
Orchids can enthrall;
But a weed bouquet in a chubby fist,
Oh my, that says it all!

Congratulations Mike, Alyson & Carter on the news that BG#2 (Baby Gilles #2) can now be referred to as BBG#2(Baby Boy Gilles #2)!!! We're very excited and will continue to pray for all of you. This is going to be fun!

Dear God,
Thank you for this precious gift of life and the joy he will no doubt bring to us. Lord, I pray he will remain healthy and secure in his mother's womb until his birthday and from that day forward.

Lord, as we await the arrival of BB#2, I pray that you help my family transition from life in Nashville to their new life in Albuquerque. Bless them with friends who can support them and love them as their family would, until the day comes and they can join their family again. Bring people into their lives who will help them grow closer to you and who will bring additional joy into their lives.

Lord, we love you and thank you for our granchildren and we trust in your perfect timing in everything.

In Jesus' Name,
Amen

No comments: