Thursday, June 05, 2008

The Fun Begins...in 7 Days




Alyson has this "ticker" posted on her blog....it reads: 7 days until the Great Gilles Move '08. 7 days? Seriously?

That means 5 days and we'll be boarding the plane, for what might be our last trip to Nashville. That thought can instantaneously bring me to tears.
I will miss you Nashville. I'll miss the weather, the history, the shopping, the Bluebird Cafe, authentic BBQ, and 3 years of memories; lightning bugs, painting Carter's room, evenings with new found "friends", Carter's birth and celebrity sightings!

Yes, we did have a celebrity sighting,while in Nashville. It was our very first trip to Nashville and it was time to go home. We got to the airport in plenty of time and while we were waiting to board the plane, who shows up? Kix Brooks from "Brooks and Dunn". I'm a huge B&D fan, but I couldn't muster up the courage to get an autograph or even smile at him. I stood back and watched every move he made, until it was time to board the plane.

To our surprise, he was heading to Las Vegas and boarded our plane first (he got priority boarding apparently because he's a star!) We were in the "A" group, so we boarded mere seconds after he did and I spotted where he was seated and snagged the seats right across the aisle from him. I knew it was him because he had a huge, diamond studded ring on his left hand that read "KIX"...I guess in case he forgot who he was? Anyway, it was the first (and only) time I felt like a stalker. For the next 4 hours I watched what he ate, what he drank, if he dozed off. All the while, the man NEVER removed his sunglasses....and it was nighttime! Anyway, I got a picture, as non-chalantly as I could on my cell phone and I never uttered a word to him... we never made eye contact... but I was as star struck as anyone could be! I'm a dork I know!

That was the ONLY celebrity sighting we ever had in Nashville, but Alyson had several over the three years.

One time she was in an elevator at the mall with LeAnn Rimes and her husband.


Then more recently, The Gilles' were heading back home to Nashville after a Las Vegas visit and Naomi Judd and Kellie Pickler boarded the same plane!





Alyson said when they walked by, Naomi commented how cute Carter was. You know I always liked Naomi and her music, but now that I know we have something in common...




Kellie had no comment...and neither do I!

I'm just saying....Naomi, the next time you're in Vegas, let's do lunch...we have lots we can talk about!

Seriously, I can't believe this chapter of our lives is coming to a close. It's been a blast and I will miss the South "somethin' fierce"! I can't wait to see what God has in store for everyone in ABQ.

God,
We love you and trust in your infinite wisdom. May we never ask "why Albuquerque?" but may we say, "thank you for Albuquerque and all that You give us". I'm grateful my family will be closer to us. May we be open to the new adventures we're presented with in ABQ and may the time in the southwest be as sweet and memorable as the south was for us all. One wonderful memory we're looking forward to watching unfold, is ABQ will be the birthplace of BG2. And when I think of that, a smile immediately comes to my lips!
Thank you God!

1 comment:

greatgrandmawebb said...

Thanks for starting this up again,
Dawn. I read (cried) over the
whole year's plus events. Have a
safe trip. Love you all