Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Kickin' It Cross Country - Day 1

Pictures will be posted tomorrow...

Woke up this morning at 2:45 A.M .... uh huh, I said A.M. We got to the airport at 4:15 A.M. and we're off to Nashville! We had a 1 hour layover in Kansas City, Missouri, boarded flight #2 at 11:50 AM and arrived, right on time, in Nashville at 1:15 P.M.

Gorgeous day,temperature in the mid 80's...and so was the humidity! Chip helped Mike with a little yard work, while Carter napped. Alyson and I ran to the grocery store for a few things. When we got back Carter was playing in the sprinkler. Chip looked like he had run through the sprinklers with Carter, but nope...he was drenched with sweat...weather like this sure makes you appreciate the "dry heat" of Nevada!

We had a really nice dinner at Outback Steakhouse and when we got home we sat outside and waited for the "lightning bugs".
They didn't disappoint me this year...they showed up and brought as big a smile to my face as the first time I saw them! After all...isn't that their purpose?

Tomorrow morning, we wake up early. The moving van gets picked up at 9:00 A.M. and the fun begins. Now that Chip has seen Mike & Alyson's "stuff"...neatly organized and packed in boxes,(Alyson got my organizational genes and Chip's packing genes) he keeps saying "this is nothing"..."half a days work at the most"...and he's probably right.

A couple of their neighbors stopped by this evening to say their goodbyes. So far so good...I told Chip this morning, I forgot to pack my waterproof mascara, because I know I'm going to need it.

Please remember us in your prayers!
To be continued. . .

God,
We give you thanks for this gorgeous day and for granting us a safe and fun journey to Nashville today. Thank you for our family and for the friends they have made in this wonderful place. Be with us all as we begin the process of loading up the moving van and preparing the house for the new owners. We ask that you protect us from injury and fatigue and prepare our hearts, minds and bodies for the journey we begin in 3 days.
In Jesus' Name, Amen

No comments: