Sunday, June 01, 2008

Hectic, Busy, Crazy, Wonderful Life



Let me take a few minutes to share with you some of the cutest kids on the planet (don't worry Carter and BG#2....no matter how much I love them...you two are still my favorite 2 grandchildren...in the whole wide world!)

This beautiful circle of kids are my great nieces and nephews. At the time of this photo I believe they were all ages 4 and under. My niece Shannon has 3 beautiful girls, McKenna, Kyla and Katie and my other niece Melanie (Shannon's sister) has 2 energized boys; Luke and Gavin and one very sweet little girl; Maggie.

Whenever we're all gathered together for birthdays, dance recitals, whatever, it instaneously takes me back 30+ years when my sister Beth and I were the young, busy, believing we were losing our minds, mommies! My oldest son, Bryan and Beth's oldest daughter, Shannon are 8 months apart in age. Not long after that came Alyson, Christopher, Jeffrey and then Melanie. Between us we had 6 kids aged 4 & under too! Throw in our brother's son Joey, a few neighbor kids, and we had plenty of chaos and mayhem....and more wonderful memories than anyone should be allowed to have.

Here they all are before our younger sister Eileen started having her kids. Once she married and started her family, she added 2 more to the fun!



Hot Summer Days of Fun!










GROUP HUG (of the ones who were walking)










Adventures at Disneyland












Our parents finally ended up with 9 grandchildren; Bryan, Shannon, Alyson, Christopher, Jeffrey, Melanie, Joey, Wayne and Alyssa. (Christopher and Alyssa aren't in the photo) and 8 great grandchildren (so far); McKenna, Luke, Kyla, Gavin, Carter, Roland, Maggie and Katie.










I'm really missing those busy, hectic family gatherings. Don't get me wrong, I love this season of our lives, but I do miss having little ones around to watch after and focus all our attention on. Today our neighbor came over with her two beautiful daughters, Stella and Sophie, ages 4 and 2 (23 months apart)...they were so full of energy, giggles and endless questions. We smiled the entire time they were here. I really do miss those crazy, busy, believing I'm losing my mind days.

God in Heaven,
When I reflect back to those crazy, busy days of being a young mother, I have to smile. I'm sure, as I was manuevering through those days, I rarely slowed down to thank you for those little blessings I was fortunate enough to snuggle with, share giggles with and tuck into bed every night.

Thank you. Thank you for the patience you gave me when it was needed most. Thank you for the wisdom you gave me, even if I forgot to ask. Thank you for the grace you lavished on me when mistakes were made. Thank you for your perfect love. My prayer is that my family knows how much I have loved you and leaned on you over the years and they know you are there for them today as well.

Amen

1 comment:

The Gilles Family said...

uh oh! You forgot Carson. :D

Love you!